The role will require the individual to lead and manage the functional test automation effort on projects for clients in a range of market sectors throughout the software testing lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience of the BDD methodology, open source and proprietary test automation tools and technologies. You will have experience of developing test automation strategy, approach and planning for projects in organisations where BDD and test automation is in its infancy or has not been implemented in accordance with industry-standard test automation best-practice principles. You will have experience of writing and programmatically coding automated test scripts, debugging, execution and results reporting.
You will have excellent communication skills and will be required to liaise effectively with clients and key stakeholders about the overall status of test automation on projects. You will be involved in the design and development of test automation frameworks and their utilisation on client engagements.
The role will be across all market sectors and encompass multi-platform test automation including web, mobile, tablet, apps and back-end applications built on a range of technologies. The ideal candidate will have some experience of multi-platform (web, desktop, mobile, tablet etc.) test automation and a rudimentary knowledge of web and application technologies. Engagements on projects for our clients will include the delivery of automated test scripts and frameworks utilising automation tools and technologies and the successful candidate will be involved in coordinating and managing the resources delivering the overall test automation effort.
As a client engagement focused role you will be utilised across all market sectors and client sizes, working primarily at the client site or their delivery partners and co-ordinating test activities with team members located in our UK-based test lab. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful software testing solutions provider.
The role of a Test Architect covers the following distinct areas of responsibility and experience:
The above experience will have been gained across multiple industry sectors. The role will include travel across multiple client sites, predominantly in London, although flexibility is essential.
- Experienced Stakeholder and Man Management
- Experienced account, and project management experience
- Experience of expanding test automation teams
- Design, implementation and delivery of scalable, maintainable, configurable, portable and robust test automation frameworks
- R&D for open source and proprietary automation tools and technologies selection
- Coding of automated test scripts using programming languages with recommended coding standards and best-practice
- Knowledge of SQL and querying of databases
- Pre-sales capability be it meetings, presentations, proposals, RFI’s etc.
- Mentoring and training of team members
- Involvement with recruitment (building teams)
- Working within Scrum teams using Agile methodologies and BDD tools and principles
- Working closely with Business Analysts, Product Owners etc.
- Excellent knowledge of test automation design, strategy, planning, best-practice, principles and reporting within a BDD delivery
- Technical troubleshooting ability
- Researching established and emerging automation tools and technologies
- Evaluating both open source and proprietary tools and technologies
- Ability to adapt and work with test automation tools currently in place within the organisation
- Utilisation of test management and reporting tools to provide effective reporting around automation effort
Other skills include:
Technical Skills (ideally)
- Confident, personable approach, ability to stand ground
- Clear concise communication
- Ability to understand complex programmes / environments in short period of time
- Excellent written documentation
- Strong technical skills with C#.Net 4.0 (onwards)
- Concepts of Inversion of control Pattern in C#
- Solid API testing skills (REST, WebAPI)
- Specflow / Cucumber / Gherkin tools for Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Solid experience of implementing Automation Testing in an ASP .NET environment
- Experience of NUnit test development
- Understanding of Object-Oriented (OO) Design
- Familiar with the Windows technology stack (IIS, SQL Server, AD)
- Experience with distributed source control (Git/Stash)
- Experience using JSON/XML objects
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- MVC pattern
- Continuous Integration (Team City or Jenkins)
- PowerShell scripting